Tuesday 22 March 2011

Pik - Pok :)


I remember that when I was a little girl I really enjoyed listening to the fairy tales narrated by my parents and grandparents. Later, when I got to know what reading is all about, I became a books’ fan. Although things have changed because I don’t have much time for reading presently, I still keep in mind the first book that I read on my own. It is Mały Pingwin Pik-Pok written by Adam Bahdaj and first published in 1969. The story is about a little penguin that lives on an island and dreams of traveling. When a plane lands on his island, Pik-Pok hides inside and goes to Europe. In Warsaw, he makes friends with a Polish pilot and his daughter Kasia. The penguin travels a lot and has many adventures. Even though there is nothing extraordinary about that book, it is the first title that comes to my mind when I think about my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment