Monday 23 May 2011

The most carefree period of my life ...

I must admit that when I first saw that task I really didn’t have an idea what to write about. The reason was not that I have no memories from my childhood; on the contrary, there are too many of them!
First of all, when I think of my childhood, I imagine two little tots marching with their father in a hot sunny day toward a small sandy beach at the lake surrounded by the forest and fields of corn. Now, in reality, the same place does not look alike; it is not that much idyllic any more. What’s more, now it takes me less than 10 minutes to get there from my home, but when I was five, the same distance seemed to be such a big challenge to face.
Secondly, I remember my attempts to learn how to ride a two-wheeler bike. I was really afraid of that spooky vehicle! Eventually, with my parents’ help, I master this facility. But, soon after my triumph, I met an evil whole on my way, which made me overbalance and I fell over the bike. I was really lucky not to lose my precious teeth, but much time had passed until I stroke up a friendship with my pink machine again.
The photo that you can see below (by the way, sorry for its poor quality!) was taken during my first fancy-dress party at preschool. I was got up as Makowa Panienka and, whoever she was, my mom keeps on telling me that I was a huge fan of her... J
There are numerous memories from the most carefree period of my life that I keep in mind, but let me keep at least some of them as my sweet little secret ... J

1 comment:

  1. Of course, Makowa Panienka was a hit! Nice costume indeed :)

    ReplyDelete